Click on the links below to download our latest brochures here.
Nourishing Massage Brochure (coming soon)
What To Expect During A Massage
I’m happy to hear that you finally scheduled your first massage. Now you are worried about what to expect during your first massage. Well worry no more because the answers are just a click away.
Why Should I Receive A Massage
Massage is considered to be among the oldest of all treatments used by man. Chinese records dating back three thousand years documented its use. The ancient Hindus, Persians, and Egyptians used forms of massage for some ailments, and Hippocrates wrote papers recommending the use of rubbing and friction for joint and circulatory problems. Today, massage is an accepted part of many physical rehabilitation programs and has proven beneficial to many chronic conditions such as low-back pain, arthritis, and bursitis. Massage helps relieve the stress and tension of everyday living.
Benefits of Frequent Massage
What exactly are the benefits of receiving massage or bodywork treatments? Useful for all of the conditions listed below and more.
- Massage can alleviate low-back pain and improve range of motion.
- Assist with shorter, easier labor for expectant mothers and shorten maternity hospital stays.
- Ease medication dependence.
- Enhance immunity by stimulating lymph flow—the body’s natural defense system.
- Exercise and stretch weak, tight, or atrophied muscles, help athletes of any level. prepare for and recover from, strenuous workouts.
- Improve the condition of the body’s largest organ—the skin.
- Increase joint flexibility.
- Lessen depression and anxiety.
- Promote tissue regeneration, reducing scar tissue and stretch marks.
- Pump oxygen and nutrients into tissues and vital organs, improving circulation.
- Reduce postsurgery adhesions and swelling.
- Reduce spasms and cramping.
- Relax and soften injured, tired, and overused overused muscles.
- Release endorphins- amino acids that work as the body’s natural painkiller.
- Relieve migraine pain.
Invest In Your Health
Truly, massage is more than a luxury—it’s a vital part of self-care that has a positive ripple effect on us as we work, play, and care for others.
Positive Body Image Through Touch
Being unhappy with our bodies has serious, and sometimes lifelong, ramifications. Feelings of unworthiness and self-loathing can set up a lifetime of self-deprecating behaviors. What regularly scheduled massage allows us to do is “get back” into our bodies and reconnect with ourselves. Massage can help us release physical and mental patterns of tension, enhancing our ability to experience our bodies (regardless of their shape and size) in a more positive way. Just as it facilitates our ability to relax, massage also encourages an awareness of the body, often allowing us to more clearly see and identify destructive behaviors.